Crowd Manager Training - for Civilians and Non-Fire Service
Crowd Manager Training - Civilians and Non-Fire Service
Under current national fire codes, assembly occupancies of between 50 and 250 people require at least one certified crowd control manager in attendance. Gatherings in excess of 250 people require an additional certified crowd controller per 250 people (NFPA 101, Section 12.7.6).
THIS CLASS IS FOR CIVILIANS AND NON-FIRE SERVICE PERSONNEL ONLY. If you are a civilian or non-fire service, please register for the Fire Service Crowd Manager course.
Ricky Rescue Training Academy’s Crowd Manager training module is a 1-hour online course designed to train and qualify individuals in crowd control and management in assembly occupancies. This includes auditoriums, bars, nightclubs, restaurants etc. Places of religious worship (exclusive) are currently exempt from this requirement so long as the occupant load is less than 500 people.
Crowd Manager Training Objectives
The Crowd Manager training course equips candidates with the knowledge and skill sets to:
- Define an establishment’s emergency evacuation plans
- Ensure employees tasked with the responsibility of assisting in emergency crowd management clearly understand their roles
- Assist in the orderly evacuation of people in emergencies
Upon successful completion of the Crowd Manager training course, participants will be able to:
- Correctly and effectively use a portable fire extinguisher
- Carry out pre-event inspections at venues to ensure all egress paths and exits are up to code and can be safely used in the event of an evacuation
- Ensure all fire systems on the premises are operational and up to code
- Provide clear guidance and leadership to crowds in the event of an emergency
- Recognize when, and which, protection strategies ie defend-in-place, partial evacuation, or full evacuation, are called for and then successfully implement the strategy
- Identify and effectively react to worsening weather conditions
- Identify attendees with the potential to cause problems, and successfully deal or respond to these individuals once identified
- Coordinate effectively with emergency responders
- CHAMILO_CODE CROWDMANAGERTRAININGNONFIRESERVIC