1740 Course Delivery
Ricky Rescue Training Academyâ€™s â€śATPC1740 Fire Service Course Deliveryâ€ť course is a self-paced, online, fire course with continuous enrollment. It is taught using a blended style, with an 8 hour in-person classroom component. This course is part of the required course work for Fire Officer I, Fire Instructor I, Fire Instructor II, and Fire Instructor III. The course also provides 45 CEU hours towards Florida Fire Instructor and Florida Fire Safety Inspector certification renewal.
The FFP 1740, BFST1740, ATPC1740 Fire Service Course Delivery course complies with the Job Performance Requirements established by NFPA 1041, Fire Service Instructor Professional Qualifications, and Florida Rule 69A-37. This course will familiarize students with a wide range of proven techniques for effective communication of information across a range of teaching situations and principles as well as theories of adult learning. Students will learn the methodology and mechanics of teaching and how to measure teaching effectiveness. They will be given instruction on the use of devices required for specific training areas as well as media and visual aids.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the instructorâ€™s role in the classroom and how to effectively perform as a fire service instructor in accordance with NFPA 1041, Fire Service Instructor Professional Qualifications and Florida Rule 69A-37
- Understand various instruction techniques and methodologies, and will be able to adapt those techniques and methodologies to a classroom setting using class projects
- Integrate various learning concepts and approaches into teaching methods and presentations
- Create favorable learning environments for students that allow for positive learning experiences
- Be familiar with legal concerns and issues with respect to teaching, instruction and training
- Safely complete practical training activities in accordance with NFPA Standards and Florida Statutes
- Develop, administer, and appraise an assessment instrument
- Identify different types of instructional media both within and outside the classroom, and be able to use such media effectively
The in-person presentation section of ATPC1740 Fire Service Course Delivery is completed in a traditional classroom setting. It is generally one 8-hour day on the last week of each month, in Daytona Beach, Fort Myers, or Tallahassee, Florida unless other arrangements are made with the instructor.
Exact location and time will be confirmed via email 5 days prior.
In addition to enrolling in this course, you must have:
- Fire Service Instructor; Brady Publishing by Jeffery James (Prentice Hall) ISBN: 978-0- 13-124557-0.
- NOTE: This book is not supplied with your purchase of the course but is available thourough technical bookstores and online vendors.
- A high-speed internet connection
- CHAMILO_CODE 1740
- FFP 1740 Course Delivery
The curriculum of FFP 1740 Course Delivery draws from many recognized authorities in exploring the methods and mechanics of imparting information and adult learning principles. The course emphasizes techniques which have wide application in teach situations, as well as devices for specific training areas. The course also stresses measuring teaching effectiveness, and the use of media and visual aids.FFP 1740 Fire Service Course Delivery covers Chapters 1 to 4, 6 and 8. Chapter 5 is referenced during Delivery and covered in Course Design. Part of Chapter 7 is covered in Delivery and part in Design.Course Delivery - FFP 1740 is a self-paced, blended online course with ongoing enrollment, with 8 hours of classroom time.