1540 Private Fire Protection Systems I
Ricky Rescue Training Academy’s “ATPC1540 Private Fire Protection Systems 1” course is a self-paced online fire course with continuous enrollment that provides 45 hours (CEU’s) towards Florida Firesafety Inspector certificate renewal. It is also one of the eight mandatory courses for Florida Fire Officer I certification and one of the five mandatory courses for Florida Firesafety Inspector I certification.
The FFP1540, BFST1540, ATPC1540 Private Fire Protection Systems 1 course complies with the Job Performance Requirements established by NFPA 1021 and NFPA 1031. The course will familiarize students with the various types of Private Fire Protection and Detection Systems in common use, including:
- Sprinkler and standpipe systems
- Chemical extinguishing systems
- Detection systems and devices
This course will also cover the call for, composition, construction, preventive maintenance, and characteristic uses of each type of system.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Develop a clear understanding of fire behavior and how it relates to detection and extinguishments
- Recognize the process involved in developing codes and how they relate to fire protection
- Comprehend the water supply apparatus in a fire protection system
- Understand the components of standpipe fire protection systems and the related hose systems and with the codes governing their installation and use
- Recognize the components of automatic fire sprinkler systems and with the codes governing their installation and use
- Comprehend the components of specialized water-based fire protection systems and with the codes governing their installation and use
- Understand the components of fire alarm systems and know what each component does
- Be able to identify requirements for the different types of detection and alarm systems
- Recognize, and be able to compare, the components in dry and wet chemical extinguishing systems
- Understand gaseous agent extinguishing systems
- Comprehend the available types of portable fire extinguishers, how and when they’re used, and how they are operated
- Recognize and understand the reasons for smoke management and control systems in relation to life safety
- Understand how emergency response, property security, and fire protection systems interact as well as their relationship with each other
- Recognize current and new technologies around fire protection systems.
In addition to enrolling in this course, you must have:
- Fire Protection Systems; 1st Edition, (2008); A Maurice Jones Jr. ISBN-13: 9781401862626.
- NOTE: This book is not supplied with your purchase of the course but is available through technical bookstores and online vendors.
- NOTE: Before purchasing any textbooks ensure that you are using the correct ISBN as there may be several versions of the title available depending on customization requirements for individual schools.
- A high-speed internet connection
- CHAMILO_CODE 1540
- FFP 1540 Systems I
FFP 1540 Systems I - This is a study of private fire protection and detection systems, such as sprinkler and standpipe systems, chemical extinguishing systems, detection systems and devices. Each system is discussed as to its need, construction, preventive maintenance and individual uses.
When completing an online or blended class through Ricky Rescue Training Academy, you will be held completely responsible for your own achievements. You must ensure that you work consistently and diligently to complete the coursework and related requirements in order to move forward. These open enrollment courses allow you to pace yourself, but will require sufficient self-discipline to keep up to date with the workload. Therefore, it is your responsibility to set aside the time required to complete the various units of these courses.