2720 Company Officer
Ricky Rescue Training Academy’s “ATPC2720 Company Officer” course is a self-paced, online fire course with continuous enrollment. It is a 45-hour course that forms a part of the required course work for Florida Fire Officer 1 certification. It complies with the 1997 edition of NFPA 1021 standard.
Successful completion of the course work along with the other components of the Florida Fire Officer 1 series will qualify students to sit for the Florida Fire Officer 1 certification exam through the Florida Bureau of Fire Standards and Training.
“FFP2720, BFST2720, ATPC2720 Company Officer” will familiarize students with the types of problems and issues they will confront and manage as a first level officer in the fire services. The course teaches basic theories of leadership and supervision with an emphasis on leadership within a fire company. It analyses types of effective leadership required in the fire service with particular focus on the roles and attitudes that are necessary in high-stress situations.
This course covers the following topics:
- Fire department administration
- Fire department organization
- Theories of management
- Effective leadership skills
- Effective communication skills
- Motivational theory
- Small group dynamic
- Problem solving skills
- Achieving goals
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Comprehend the responsibilities and role of a company officer
- Understand appropriate methods to prepare for a promotion
- Understand how company officers and firefighters interact
- Understand a wide range of management principles
- Find potential risks and know appropriate steps to take to reduce such risks
- Understand how to positively impact training and coaching methods within the company
- Understand personnel evaluating techniques such as progressive discipline
- Achieve positive outcomes when interacting with the community
- Use established techniques to effectively handle problems, deal with complaints, and fix mistakes
- Fully understand the company officer’s role with regards to code enforcement
- Create a budget and understand how it will impact the organization
- Communicate effectively
- Develop incident action plans in accordance with NFPA 1021, 4.1.1, 4.1.2, 5.1.1, and 5.1.2 and effectively manage incidents
- Create plans to promote changes within the organization
In addition to enrolling in this course, you must have:
- Fire Officer: Principles and Practice (3rd edition); Jones & Bartlett; (2015) ISBN: 978-1- 284-06836-8,
- NOTE: This book is not supplied with your purchase of the course but is available through technical bookstores and online vendors.
- NOTE: Before purchasing any textbooks, ensure that you are using the correct ISBN as there may be several versions of the title available depending on customization requirements for individual schools.
- A high-speed internet connection
- CHAMILO_CODE 2720
- FFP 2720 Company Officer
FFP 2720 Company Officer is designed to assist fire officers in solving the varied problems and situations they will be required to manage effectively in today's ever-changing fire service. The curriculum includes a review of fire department organization and administration, management theory, leadership, communications, motivation, and group dynamics. FFP 2720 Company Officer is a self-paced online course with ongoing enrollment.
When completing an online or blended class through Ricky Rescue Training Academy, you will be held completely responsible for your own achievements. You must ensure that you work consistently and diligently to complete the coursework and related requirements in order to move forward. These open enrollment courses allow you to pace yourself, but will require sufficient self-discipline to keep up to date with the workload. Therefore, it is your responsibility to set aside the time required to complete the various units of these courses.