1810 Tactics and Strategies I
Ricky Rescue Training Academy’s “ATPC1810 Tactics and Strategies 1” course is a self-paced, online fire course with continuous enrollment that is one of the mandatory courses for Florida Fire Officer 1 certification.
The FFP1810, BFST1810, and ATPC1810 Tactics and Strategies 1 course complies with the Job Performance Requirements established by NFPA 1021. This course will familiarize students with the basic actions and responsibilities involved in dealing with and managing a fire emergency. This includes establishing the best and most effective use of available resources to protect lives and property.
FFP1810, BFST1810, and ATPC1810 Tactics and Strategies 1 also teaches how emergency situations can change rapidly and how the fire officer can quickly evaluate the effectiveness of their proposed incident plan.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the type of information required prior to an emergency in order to decide upon and plan the most effective and appropriate tactical responses
- Recognize the Incident Command System (ICS), the Incident Management System (IMS), and other management tools
- Comprehend the components of an Incident Action Plan and know what steps and considerations are required as part of the decision making process for these plans
- Understand the types of strategies engine and truck companies deploy in emergency situations
- Recognize building construction types and how these impact tactics used in fire fighting
- Comprehend the fire officer’s responsibilities are with regards to identifying and mitigating building collapse concerns
In addition to enrolling in this course, you must have:
- Strategic & Tactical Considerations of the Fireground, 3rd edition, Brady. ISBN 978-0- 13-25881-7.
- NOTE: This book is not supplied with your purchase of the course but is available through technical bookstores and online vendors.
- NOTE: Before purchasing any textbooks check to make sure you are using the correct ISBN as there may be several versions of the title available depending on customization requirements for individual schools.
- A high-speed internet connection
- CHAMILO_CODE 1810
- FFP 1810 Tactics & Strategies
This course is designed to cover basic factors involved in coping with a fire emergency, and determining the best use of available resources to protect lives and property. The course emphasizes the changing nature of an emergency situation and the ways in which the fire officer can evaluate the effectiveness of his or her proposed incident action plan.