2741 Course Design
Ricky Rescue Training Academy’s “ATPC2741 Fire Service Course Design” course is a self-paced online fire course with continuous enrollment. It is taught using a blended approach, with an 8 hour, in-person classroom component and is a part of the required course work for Fire Officer II, Fire Instructor II and Fire Instructor III. The course also provides 45 CEU’s towards Florida Fire Instructor and Florida Fire Safety Inspector certification renewal.
The FFP 1740, BFST1740, ATPC1740 Fire Service Course Delivery course complies with the Job Performance Requirements established by NFPA 1041 (2012) and NFPA 1021 (2009). The course teaches students about effective course design principles with particular emphasis on student centered and adult-learning practices. At the end of the course students will be capable of designing units and courses that focus on achieving the desired learning, performance, and behavioural outcomes.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:/
- Design and develop effective training courses and lesson plans
- Set up a classroom environment that complies with legal requirements as established by local, state and federal statutes and standards
- Understand and effectively apply appropriate training methods in order to develop effective training classes for adult students in the fire service
- Develop, administer, and appraise an assessment instrument
- Know what components are required to plan and run an effective training program that delivers the required results
- Fully understand the importance of planning your own personal professional development as a Florida Fire Service Instructor
The in-person classroom section of the ATPC1740 Fire Service Course Delivery course is completed in a traditional classroom setting. It is generally one 8-hour day on the last week of each month, in Daytona Beach, Fort Myers, or Tallahassee, Florida unless other arrangements are made with the instructor. Exact location and time will be confirmed via email 5 days prior.
In addition to enrolling in this course, you must have:
- Fire Service Instructor; Brady Publishing by Jeffery James (Prentice Hall) ISBN: 9978-0- 13-124557-0.
- NOTE: This book is not supplied with your purchase of the course but is available thourough technical bookstores and online vendors.
- NOTE: Before purchasing any textbooks ensure that you are using the correct ISBN, as there may be several versions of the title available depending on customization requirements for individual schools.
- A high-speed internet connection
- CHAMILO_CODE 2741
- FFP 2741 Course Design
FFP 2741 covers the principles of effective curriculum design. It stresses the principles of adult learning and student-centered learning. Designing courses and units that address learning, performance and behavioral objectives is the program goal.