2741 Fire Service Course Design
Ricky Rescue Training Academy’s “ATPC2741 Fire Service Course Design” course is a self-paced online fire course with continuous enrollment. It is taught using an online approach, with a task book requirement for Presentations. Fire Service Course Design is part of the required coursework for Fire Officer II, Fire Instructor II, and Fire Instructor III. The course also provides 45 CEU’s towards Florida Fire Instructor and Florida Fire Safety Inspector certification renewal. This course has been approved by the Bureau of Fire Standards and Training at the Florida State Fire College.
The FFP 1740, BFST1740, ATPC1740 Fire Service Course Delivery course complies with the Job Performance Requirements established by NFPA 1041 (2012) and NFPA 1021 (2009). The course teaches students about effective course design principles with particular emphasis on student-centered and adult-learning practices. At the end of the course, students will be capable of designing units and courses that focus on achieving the desired learning, performance, and behavioral outcomes.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:/
- Design and develop effective training courses and lesson plans
- Set up a classroom environment that complies with legal requirements as established by local, state ,and federal statutes and standards
- Understand and effectively apply appropriate training methods in order to develop effective training classes for adult students in the fire service
- Develop, administer, and appraise an assessment instrument
- Know what components are required to plan and run an effective training program that delivers the required results
- Fully understand the importance of planning your own personal professional development as a Florida Fire Service Instructor.
In addition to enrolling in this course, you must have:
- IFSTA Fire and Emergency Services Instructor (9th Edition) ISBN: 978-0-87939-696-1
- NOTE: This book is not supplied with your purchase of the course but is available through technical bookstores and online vendors.
- NOTE: Before purchasing any textbooks ensure that you are using the correct ISBN, as there may be several versions of the title available depending on customization requirements for individual schools.
- A high-speed internet connection
- CHAMILO_CODE 27412021
When completing an online or blended class through Ricky Rescue Training Academy, you will be held completely responsible for your own achievements. You must ensure that you work consistently and diligently to complete the coursework and related requirements in order to move forward. These open enrollment courses allow you to pace yourself, but will require sufficient self-discipline to keep up to date with the workload. Therefore, it is your responsibility to set aside the time required to complete the various units of these courses.