2521 Documents and Plans Review
Ricky Rescue Training Academyâ€™s â€śATPC2521 Construction Documents and Plans Reviewâ€ť course is a self-paced online fire course with continuous enrollment. It is taught using a blended approach, with an 8 hour, in-person classroom component and is part of the required course work for Fire Inspector 1. This course also provides 45 CEUâ€™s towards Florida Fire Inspector I certificate renewal.
FFP2521, BFST2521, ATPC2521 Construction Documents and Plans Review complies with the Job Performance Requirements established by NFPA 1031. This course teaches students how to understand construction drawings, workings, and specifications as they relate to the fire service and to fire inspections. This includes interpretation of conventional illustrative communications as well as a run down on construction industry accepted standards and conventions. The student will become familiar with the various abbreviations, symbols, technical projection principles, and geometry used by the building and construction sector. Students will be required to demonstrate understanding and comprehension by finding and interpreting information contained on genuine drawings and plans.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the responsibilities of the fire plans examiner with regards to the permit, design and construction processes
- Understand the processes involved in submitting and reviewing construction and building plans
- Identify the applicable standards and codes involved in the plans review process
- Comprehend the purpose of construction plans, analytical processes, and the various symbols
- Understand what information the plans examiner is looking for when conducting a review of site, plot, landscape and utility plans.
- Understand what information the plans examiner is looking for when conducting a review of architectural plans
- Understand what information the plans examiner is looking for when conducting a review of structural plans
- Understand what information the plans examiner is looking for when conducting a review of mechanical plans
- Understand what information the plans examiner is looking for when conducting a review of electrical plans
- Comprehend what information the plans examiner is looking for when conducting a review of fire protection system plans
- Recognize what hazardous material information the plans examiner is looking for when conducting a review of fire protection system plans
- Confidently understand the performance based design process
- Comprehend reasons for renovating and/or remodeling buildings to bring them into line with current fire protection codes
- Understand the types of modifications to fire protection systems and features that may be completed during a renovation or remodeling exercise and the importance of understanding these modifications
The in-person section of the ATPC2521 Construction Documents and Plans Review course is completed in a traditional classroom setting. It is generally one 8-hour day on the last week of each month, in Daytona Beach, Fort Myers, or Tallahassee, Florida unless other arrangements are made with the instructor. Exact location and time will be confirmed via email 5 days prior.
In addition to enrolling in this course, you must have:
- Plans Examiner for Fire and Emergency Services, 2nd Edition (2016) Fire Protection Publications (IFSTA) ISBN: 978-087939608- 4.
- NOTE: This book is not supplied with your purchase of the course but is available through technical bookstores and online vendors.
- NOTE: Before purchasing any textbooks, ensure that you are using the correct ISBN as there may be several versions of the title available depending on customization requirements for individual schools.
- A high-speed internet connection
- An architectural ruler
- CHAMILO_CODE 2521