9516 Chief Officer
Ricky Rescue Training Academy’s “ATPC3785 (RN 9516) Chief Officer” Course is a 60-hour, self-paced, online fire course with continuous enrollment and is one of five required coursework units for Florida Fire Officer 3. The required coursework units for Florida Fire Officer 3 are the following
- PD-4023 I-400 – Advanced ICS for Command & General Staff
- FFP2770, BFST2770, ATPC2770 – Ethical and Legal Issues for Fire Service
- FFP3785, BFST3785, ATPC3785, FFP3785 (RN 9516) – Chief Officer (60 Hours)
- RN4807 – Courage to be Safe
- RN9641 – Analytical Approaches to Public Fire Protection (45 hours)
The FFP3785, BFST3785, ATPC3785 (RN 9516) Chief Officer course also counts for Florida Fire Instructor, Florida Fire Inspector, and Florida Fire Code Administrator certification renewals and complies with the Job Performance Requirements as established by NFPA 1021 Officer III. This course familiarizes students with the principles of management theory and how these apply to the fire service.
This course will cover a wide variety of topics, including:
- Skills for effective communications
- Professional development
- Intergovernmental and community relations
- Human resource management
- Legal topics
- Strategic and tactical planning
- Public and community education
- Fiscal issues, including budget planning
- Management of emergencies
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Comprehend the leadership role and its importance in the fire service
- Understand the importance of effective communication during both emergency and non-emergency situations
- Comprehend the importance of a fire officer constantly striving to improve their knowledge, skill sets, and qualifications.
- Understand how fire officers effectively and positively interact with local communities.
- Comprehend how government departments interact with each other, the importance of these interactions, and how these interactions will affect the fire service
- Recognize and support components of effective human resource management
- Understand the various laws and regulations that mandate how fire departments operate
- Understand the importance of strategic planning for the fire service
- Comprehend the management functions that are required in emergency situations and the fire department’s role in these functions
- Understand the role of the fire department in public education and code enforcement
- Understand the various fiscal issues that fire departments face to effectively manage the department’s financial affairs.
In addition to enrolling in this course, you must have:
- Chief Officer Principles and Practice; Jones & Bartlett (2012) ISBN: 978-0- 7637-7929-0.
- NOTE: This book is not supplied with your purchase of the course but is available through technical bookstores and online vendors. Order your book online & use promo code RRSC6 for 25% off your textbook.
- NOTE: Before purchasing any textbooks, ensure that you are using the correct ISBN as there may be several versions of the title available depending on customization requirements for individual schools.
- A high-speed internet connection
- CHAMILO_CODE 9516
When completing an online or blended class through Ricky Rescue Training Academy, you will be held completely responsible for your own achievements. You must ensure that you work consistently and diligently to complete the coursework and related requirements in order to move forward. These open enrollment courses allow you to pace yourself, but will require sufficient self-discipline to keep up to date with the workload. Therefore, it is your responsibility to set aside the time required to complete the various units of these courses.