1301 Fire Service Hydraulics
Ricky Rescue Training Academy’s “FFP1301 / BFST1301 / ATPC1301 Fire Service Hydraulics Course” is a self-paced online fire course with ongoing open enrollment and is one of the two required courses for the Florida Pump Operator certification. FFP1302 / BFST1302 / ATPC1302 Apparatus Operations is the other required course.
Completion of this course will ensure you can meet the Job Performance Requirements required by NFPA 1002.
The online course FFP1301/BFST1301/ATPC1301 Fire Service Hydraulics is designed to familiarize you with all aspects of hydraulic operations as they relate to the Fire Service. This includes a particular focus on the relationship between water pressure, water flow, and mathematical hydraulic formulas. This course also focuses on topics such as pump rating, pump theory, and vacuum and pressure gauges.
Upon successful completion of the FFP1301/BFST1301/ATPC1301 Fire Service Hydraulics Course, students will be able to:
- Understand the chemical reasoning for using water as a highly effective fire extinguisher.
- Comprehend the physics involved with moving water.
- Thoroughly understand both the handline and master stream nozzles used with water or Class A Foam for use in fighting fires involving ordinary combustible materials.
- Understand the theoretical methods for calculating loss of water pressure in a wide variety of different hose lays and fire ground situations.
- Identify methods and tactics for calculating pressure loss and necessary pump discharge on a fire ground
- Identify crucial issues determining the reliability and usability of static supplies of water.
- Fully understand the parts of a relay operation, the issues that affect the capacity of a relay operation, and the methods that are deployed to set up a successful relay operation.
- Once you have successfully completed the coursework, you will:
In addition to enrolling in this course, students must have:
- Pumping Apparatus Driver/Operator Handbook, 3rd Ed, IFSTA, ISBN: 978-0-87939-574-2.
- This book is not supplied with your purchase of the course but is available through technical bookstores and online vendors.
- A calculator with a square root function.
- CHAMILO_CODE 1301
When completing an online or blended class through Ricky Rescue Training Academy, you will be held completely responsible for your own achievements. You must ensure that you work consistently and diligently to complete the coursework and related requirements in order to move forward. These open enrollment courses allow you to pace yourself, but will require sufficient self-discipline to keep up to date with the workload. Therefore, it is your responsibility to set aside the time required to complete the various units of these courses.