1302 Apparatus Operations
FFP1302, BFST1302 or ATCP1302 Apparatus Operations is a 45-hour open enrollment, self-paced, blended, eLearning course with a 16-hour in-person component. It is one of the fire pre-certification requirements for Florida Pump Operator.
FFP1302, BFST1302 or ATCP1302 Apparatus Operations follows the JPRs of NFPA 1002 (2014) and familiarizes students with emergency vehicle operation, including the laws, rules and driving techniques required for these vehicles. The course also includes a review of hydraulics.
The practical section of the course consists of fireground evolutions and driving. The course also covers the use and operation of pre-connected lines, tandem pumping, drafting relays and master streams. As FFP1301, BFST1301, ATPC1301 Fire Service Hydraulics is a pre-requisite for this course, students should already have a basic understanding of fire stream hydraulics.
When you have completed the course work for FFP1302, BFST1302 or ATCP1302 Apparatus Operations, you will:
- Know the qualifications and selection criteria required for a driver operator
- Know what types of fire equipment are equipped with a fire pump
- Know how to perform routine and preventative maintenance inspections
- Know what is involved in operating fire apparatus safely
- Be able to properly position pumping apparatus according to proposed purpose and use
- Know the basic facts about the various types of fire pumps and how they operate
- Know how to operate fire pumps in a range of situations
- Know what types of apparatus is used during a water shuffle and how to evaluate their effectiveness
- Know the basics about foam concentrates, foam application equipment, portable foam proportioning equipment and apparatus-mounted foam proportioning systems
- Know about service and pre-service tests
The practical portion of this course consists of two 8-hour days at the following locations unless other arrangements are made with the instructor. Exact location and time will be confirmed via email 5 days prior.
- Felda Fire Department
- Wakulla County Fire Rescue
- East Manatee Fire Rescue
- CHAMILO_CODE 1302