Pump and Aerial Operator Series
The Ricky Rescue Pump and Aerial Operator Series includes the three pre-certification courses required for Florida Pump Operator Certification and Aerial Certification.
- FFP1301, BFST1301, ATPC1301 Fire Service Hydraulics (blended). This is a 45-hour open enrollment, self-paced, online, eLearning course and meets the requirements of NFPA 1002.
The course familiarizes students with all aspects of hydraulics operations as they relate to the fires services including the relationship between water pressure, water flow, and mathematical hydraulic formulas. Also included in the course are topics such as pump rating, pump theory, and vacuum and pressure gauges. The course teaches students the relationship between flow, pressure, and mathematical hydraulic formulas as well as pump theory, pump rating, and pressure and vacuum gauges.
- FFP1302, BFST1302, ATCP1302 Apparatus Operations (blended). This is a 45-hour open enrollment, self-paced, blended, eLearning course with a 16-hour in-person component. It complies with the JPRs of NFPA 1002.
This course familiarizes students with laws, rules, and driving techniques required for operating emergency vehicles. It also includes a review of hydraulics. The practical section of the course consists of fire ground evolutions and driving. The course also covers the use and operation of pre-connected lines, tandem pumping, drafting relays, and master streams. FFP1301, BFST1301, ATPC1301 Fire Service Hydraulics is a pre-requisite for this course so students should already have a basic understanding of fire stream hydraulics.
- BFST703 or ATCP703 Aerial Operations (blended). is a 45-hour open enrollment, self-paced, blended, eLearning course with a 16-hour in-person component. It is one of the fire pre-certification requirements for Florida Aerial Apparatus Operator. BFST703 or ATCP703 Aerial Operations follows the JPRs of NFPA 1002 (2014) and familiarizes students with emergency vehicle operation, including the laws, rules, and driving techniques required for these vehicles. The course also includes a review of hydraulics.
The practical portion of this course consists of two 8-hour days for Apparatus Operator and two 8-hours days for Aerial Operations at the following location unless other arrangements are made with the instructor. Exact location and time will be confirmed on the course calendar.
- Felda Fire Department
- Wakulla County Fire Rescue
- East Manatee Fire Rescue
- CHAMILO_CODE 1301,1302,703